WA JOURNALIST JOB: The Albany Advertiser in Western Australia has a journalist role they want filled by the end of January/start of February. It has two mastheads & a glossy magazine so falls between a daily paper and a weekly. You need to have done a degree in Journalism/Media/Communications/English, a driver’s license, the willingness to relocate to Albany and to be able to turn in grammatically perfect copy on time and know how to work a camera. And of course the ability to work in Australia. They are happy to take recent graduates/students finishing up and if you are keen you should email [email protected] with your CV. DO NOT EMAIL ME.
- NetGalley which is a site that allows reviewers to request copies of digital titles to read on any e-reader or device and to review them. Major publishers have put up titles including Penguin.
- Red Room Company’s The Disappearing which is an initiative to map places with poetry about them. The Disappearing app (for Android/iPhone) will allow Mardi Gras 2013 participants to explore the secret history of Oxford Street, Sydney through poems connected to GPS locations on it. You can submit poetry to be included in the app.
- Marj McRae’s Not A Man
- Amanda Curtin’s Inherited
Was featured in:
- Janine Ripper’s ebook on The Beauty of Difference: This is the original interview
- This week’s Muck Rack summary of their #muckedup twitter chat on reporting on dangerous stories or from dangerous locations. #muckedup twitter chats happen weekly at 8 pm EST every Tuesday and Muck Rack is a part networking, part directory, part learning curve, part PR person’s heaven kind of venture online for journalists.
- Part of my writing for Sedition will be featured as an example in a writing class.
Guest posted on: None
Was published in: None
- Marj McRae’s Not A Man for the Australian Women Writers Challenge 2013
- Marj McRae for the Australian Women Writers Challenge 2013
- About 2000 odd words for Sedition – latest snippet here.
- A blog post for the 6th IPEd National Editors’ Conference on how to network at it.
- Current guilty pleasure: Hank Green’s Lizzie Bennet Diaries – a modern crossplatform (Youtube/Tumblr/Twitter) version of Jane Austen’s Pride & Prejudice.
Coming up (in Perth):